This engine was formerly known as the HEAP engine. Memory storage engine(All in-memory) is Very fast for data retrieval, however due to being stored only in memory.
Create MyISAM Table:
CREATE TABLE table_name (id INT) ENGINE = MEMORY;
- In-memory storage for fast access and low latency. Data volume can fit entirely in memory without causing the operating system to swap out virtual memory pages.
- MEMORY tables cannot contain BLOB or TEXT columns.
- MEMORY tables use a fixed-length row-storage format. Variable-length types such as VARCHAR are stored using a fixed length.
- MEMORY includes support for AUTO_INCREMENT columns.
- When the MySQL server halts or restarts, the data in MEMORY tables is lost.